Yes, We Will Remain Open During This Difficult Time! – (Updated 30/3/2020)
As an essential service (Healthcare) we are dedicated to continuing to provide our services under current COVID-19 response. So we are still here if you need us.
We believe that maintaining overall health is especially important at this time which includes the need for continuing to provide our services to the community. Further, by us continuing to practise we are able to lighten the load for our colleagues in other areas of health care who are on the Coronavirus frontline
The current government position on chiropractic is clear. As Allied Healthcare, chiropractors are encouraged to continue practising.
The government’s position on massage therapy is a little less clear but as a form of healthcare it is allowed to continue. On Tuesday 24/3 the PM announced a ban on “Beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons and tattoo parlours and same for spa and massage parlours. That excludes health-related services in those areas…”. All massage therapy provided at our clinic is clearly health related (i.e. can be claimed on private health insurance).
We have therefore decided to continue providing both chiropractic & massage therapy services.
In making the decision, we want to reassure you that the health and safety of patients is of top priority. We are strictly adhering to the authorities’ infection control guidelines. The following are some of procedures we have in place:
- Practitioners wearing surgical masks
- Disinfecting the treatment tables between every patient
- Screening patients to exclude anyone with respiratory symptoms, fever or recent travel
- Practitioners sanitising hands between every patient
- Provision & mandatory use of hand sanitiser for all patients and reception staff
- Extra time for appointments to avoid congesting the waiting room
- Patients who prefer may wait in their car rather that the waiting room
- Extra heavy cleaning including disinfection of surfaces
- Practising social distancing were possible (including spacing reception room chairs)
- Practitioners wearing gloves when appropriate
- Extra ventilation
- Observing the one person per four square metres rule
- Removing the requirements to sign HICAPS & EFTPOS dockets
- Signage to encourage self-hygiene
We will be continuing to monitor the situation & acting appropriately.
The Noarlunga Leisure Centre has closed down so we are the only ones in the building. At least there’s no problem in finding a car park!
For further info, we would welcome you calling us on 8382 2255
Dr Ben Wingfield, Chiropractor